Thursday, July 29, 2010

Patrick

Where do I begin...with Patrick, my twin, who I feel connected to and responsible for in so many ways. He called me tonight and I listened to him share his life and emotions. My heart went out to him, knowing how hard he struggles with loneliness, isolation and poverty. I listen, I coach, I suggest, I encourage and still many times I feel I don't make a difference, that I can't change his world...truly I know that only he can change his world...

What do we do when we see things stacked so high that they are ready to topple down on top of someone's head? How far do we go to attempt to rescue them and keep them safe? How do you know... I love him so and I truly want to make a difference. I know I can't save him but I wish sometimes I could...

No comments:

Post a Comment